Friday, November 4, 2011

Currently

This week I read 150 pages and last week I read 193 making my semester total 3464 pages. I am reading Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. Here are my 3 favorite sentences.

1. "One more thing I need before we leave, Frau Meyer. Marta slapped the woman hard across the face. That's for the mark you left on my sister. Gasping, Frau Meyer backed into the drapes. Marta slapped her across the other cheek. And that's for insulting her." All I have to say about this is YOU GO GIRL. Finally, a woman who makes a statement for somethings she believes in.

2. "Despite evidence of the beating he had given her, Papa insisted everyone attend services." Papa isn't ashamed of the beating he has given her, and makes her display her beaten face in public.

3. "I'd rather work for myself than work to put money in someone else's pocket!"

No comments:

Post a Comment