Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

This week I began and finished the Help. With a whopping total of 530 pages, I loved every second of it. That makes my etymology reading total 806 pages. This book has much more meaningful sentences than last week and here are my top three:

1) "Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, we are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as i'd thought."
I love this quote because this is exactly what i got out of the book. I knew that there was no difference between races, but for the white women in this book to begin realizing these facts, it was an enormous breakthrough.

2) "The date is Friday, January 17, 1964. I have on a black A-line dress. My fingernails are all bitten off. I will remember every detail of this day." This is the day Miss Skeeter finally hears back from the publishing company with the wonderful news that they will publish her book. What a huge moment!

3) "Taking care of white babies, thats what I do, along with all the cooking and cleaning. I done raised seventeen kids in my lifetime." While Aibileen never gets any thanks for the work she does with the white women's babies, she takes pride of the job she does in her heart.

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading The Help this week. I'm glad you recommend it. I saw the movie last week and fell in love with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm really excited for tonight and you're NOT eating in my car tonight :)You're blog was very well written.

    Love, your best friend
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete