Friday, September 16, 2011

Poet of the Month

I tried searching for Jim Moore, but the only other poem I saw off Google had like 6 LONG paragraphs. So i skipped that one and moved on to a different poet. I chose Mary Oliver instead. She wrote the Wild Geese poem that we read in class. I loved that poem. I felt like she was really talking to me with the use of the word "you" over and over and over. I chose another poem by her, Breakage, to copy into my moleskine and I like it quite a bit too. Especially the ending line "Then you begin, slowly, to read the whole story."

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm going to comment every Friday now, it's tradition. Well, your posts were very lovely, like always. I need to go find some more Karen Kingsbury books to read, so I need your expertise! Well, I don't know when you're going to read this wonderful coment, but I'm excited for tonight! It's gonna be super cold! This kinda reminds me of facebook, just posting random stuff! I would mention what you told me in Key Club but I'm not THAT mean! haha. Well gots to go, see ya later alligator !

    ReplyDelete