Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently

This week I read "River, Cross my Heart" and part of "Redeeming Love." This makes my etymology total 1164 pages.

Favorite Sentences:
1) "The girls' raucous laughter as not muted by the shrubbery that lined the C&O canal towpath, and the seven pairs of bare feet simply walked westward toward the Three Sisters." This sentence creates a wonderful, relatable picture in my head of me and my friends laughs carrying through the neighborhood while our bare feet leave footprints in the dirt. Sounds like such a fun night.

2) "The heart-shaped head ducked beneath the surface and boiling water closed over it. " I feel like this one needs some explaining. Johnnie Mae is cooking on the stove and she sees her sister inside of it, with her hands outstretched, trying to get Johnnie Mae to save her. I feel like this could come right out of a scary movie! Love it.

3) "Johnnie Mae knew she had at least a split second to leap onto the coat and burrow her face down into it. " I can clearly see a little girl sticking her face into this enormous fur coat just to be able to feel the warmth and comfort of it around her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment