Friday, September 30, 2011

Currently

This week I read The Search by Nora Roberts, for a weekly total of 488 pages. That makes my semester total 2027 pages.

1. "She doesn't like me to put her down outside. Especially when... other d-o-g-s are around."
This quote just makes me laugh to think of how much people love to coddle their dogs. This lady in particular has brought her dog to training school because she is so aggressive, yet the owner is completely oblivious to why she would act in such a way. DUH! She's a dog, not a child. She is perfectly capable of standing on her own four legs.

2. "He strode to the window, slapped the palm of his hand against the sparkling glass. 'Leave it,' he ordered, pointing to the smudged print he left behind." Simon, the boyfriend, gets so angry that his live-in girlfriend Fiona is cleaning his house. In order to make a point that he cannot be trained, he makes this print on the window and makes sure that she does not clean it off.

3. "I have the name and number of the vet who's covering for Mai, I have your number -- hotel, cell, Mai's cell, Sylvia's cell. So does James. We have everything. In triplicate. Between us, I think we can handle anything short of a nuclear holocaust or alien invasion."
This is the part of Simon's personality that I love the most. He makes everything into sarcasm, and that is exactly what uptight Fiona needs. She doesn't even have any kids, just three dogs who run her life, and she has done months of planning for one 3 day spa vacation with her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment