Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Currently

I am now reading And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers. I read 155 pages this week, making my total for the semester 2182 pages. Here are my favorite sentences from the quarter.

1. "She doesn't like me to put her down outside. Especially when... other d-o-g-s are around."

This sentence is from The Search and I just have to laugh every time I read it. People's treatment of their dogs can be so over the top and I want my dog to interact with other dogs, not be terrified of even hearing the word "dog."

2. "My job description was twofold: 1) Save lives and 2) Take lives. Not necessarily in that order."

This is from Joker One and I like the sentence just because it makes me think about things I don't like to think about. Murder. Death. Guns. Or all of the above.

3. "Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, we are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as i'd thought."

This is from The Help and I just love the idea of women in the times of slavery realizing the fact that should have been obvious to everyone. Color doesn't matter; we are all human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment