Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yet another book!

Last night, I began yet another Francine Rivers book, this one called the Atonement Child. Despite many books that slowly take off, with nothing really happening in the first few chapters except for the boring exposition, this one shoots off like a rocket! She gets raped within the first few pages. As if that isn't bad enough, her fiance has an awful attitude about how she isn't pure anymore, and makes her feel as if this whole rape thing was her fault. She just wants to forget it ever happened. But when she finds out she is pregnant with the rapist's baby, she struggles to decide if she should keep this ill-conceived child, or try to eliminate the fetus in an attempt to forget it ever happened. Such an awful position to be put in, and I feel for the people who actually have to deal with this sort of thing. Plus, she doesn't have a supportive fiance which makes it even more heart wrenching.

1 comment:

  1. Hola! I think I missed a week of this, so I need to do two comments! But make sure you let me read that book, it sounds good. Not tht she gets raped..but it just sounds good lol you know what I mean. But that's a bad start to a book! So it's Wednesday and rainy and cold and boring and long and guesss what! I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU! My math test is next period, I'm nervous!!!! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete