Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

This week I read 324 pages, making my semester total 2506 pages.

This quarter I have read some interesting books by some new authors. I ventured out and read a Nora Roberts, Francine Rivers and some non-fiction as well. I realized, although I already kinda knew, that I am definitely not a non-fiction type person. I also got a look into the rights of African Americans by reading The Help, a book which I enjoyed very much. Still haven't had time to see the movie though. I usually find myself reading at night, as soon as I catch up with my reading for novels. And i spend almost every friday and saturday night babysitting, so I read a lot once the kids go to bed. The reactions from the parents to the books I am reading is quite entertaining. Sometimes they have read the book and jump right in with Oh how do you like it? I liked this, this and this about it. When they saw I was reading Crime and Punishment for Novels, they were kind of worried about my mental state, until I told them it was for a class. Most of all, I think they are just impressed that a high schooler would bring a thick book to read instead of normal babysitting behaviors, like texting all night or watching tv. It just seems to be the perfect time to get some reading in for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment